- The year 1917
- '1917' tour
- 'Battle of Messines' tour
- 'Battle of Passchendaele' tour
- In the footsteps of Harry & Ronald Moorhouse (UK)
- In the footsteps of Alphie Hanratty (IRL)
- In the footsteps of the Seabrooks (AUS)
- In the footsteps of Samuel Frickleton (NZL)
- In the footsteps of Pegahmagabow (CAN)
- In the footsteps of Georges Guynemer (FR)
- In the footsteps of Bernhard Johann te Löken (DE)
- More itineraries
In 2017, the seven municipalities on whose land the infamous Mine Battle of Messines and the Third Battle of Ypres were fought will join forces, in collaboration with Westtoer and the Province of West Flanders, to tell the story of 1917. They will do this using a series of exhibitions and info-modules at the most important First World War sites in the southern part of the Westhoek. Based on these exhibitions and info-modules, visitors will be encouraged to explore the landscape and its remaining wartime sites, so that they can discover, experience and understand the sad history of 1917 through a series of walks, cycles routes and car tours. Each info-module will tell the story of 1917 from the perspective of the municipality concerned.
Discover the visitors guide here!