Lettenberg Hill

War site
Kemmel
See all images

The 'Lettenberg' hill is a spur of the much larger Kemmel Hill, which was the most important British observation post in the sector. Towards the end of 1916, the British engineers and tunnellers started to excavate an underground headquarters complex at Kemmel Hill. The concrete bunkers which gave access to this headquarters have now been restored. There are four shelters, built in reinforced concrete. Access to the site is via a footpath.

Open daily. Free entry.

Theme: 
World War

Contact information

Location: 
Lettenberg Hill
Lokerstraat
8956 Kemmel
Phone/Fax:
+32 57 45 04 55

Opening Information

Open:
Permanently open

Price information

Price:
Free

Facilities

Group Visits

On the map

Do

Biking

Hiking

Boat

Horseriding

Touring

Other

Food and drinks

Sleep

Practical info

Choose a category on the left side to use the map.
Back to top Back to top